I am going to take a crack at writing a recipe on a new gadget I found here at WordPress. I am starting with Shepherd’s Pie because we ate it the other night and it was delicious!
Let’s see how this goes. I am excited! 🙂
- 2 cans green beans or 4 cups steamed
- 1 quart tomato soup
- 6 cups plain mashed potatoes
- 2 cups beans
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1 lb. ground beef
- If you are not using canned beans, start them soaking the day before you cook this meal.
- After they are soaked overnight, cover them with 3 inches of water in your pressure cooker and manually set it to 30 minutes.
- If you don't have a pressure cooker, put them in the crockpot on low covered with water for 6 hours or until tender.
- If your green beans are fresh, steam them until tender.
- Boil enough potatoes to make 6 cups when they are mashed.
- Mash the potatoes when they are done boiling.
- If you are using canned tomato soup, open the cans.
- If you are making your tomato soup, blend your garden fresh tomatoes into soup.
- Saute the onion until soft.
- If you are using the optional hamburger, brown it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a 9x13 casserole dish layer the drained beans, the steamed green beans, the sauteed onion, the tomato soup and the salt and pepper.
- Add the optional beef.
- Cover everything with the potatoes.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Voila! Bon Apetite!
Allright. I got it posted. Now you’ve got to tell me how I did. Does it make sense? Is it too wordy? Are there too many options?
Tell me in the comments below, please!